Our development team, managed by Asim, has been off this past week celebrating Eid al Adha. This is a Muslim holiday celebrated around the world that lasts for several days. Asim and team will be back hard at work on Monday. Asim purchased this bull for the celebration.
The EXPEX development team, led by Asim Ashfaq, has updated the development timeline for EXPEX, given a change in their approach. The team has been heavily immersed in the design process and is now moving into development. Here is the revised timeline
As we reported last month, Expanse Founder and CEO, Christopher Franko, defined the specifications for Gander v3. The specs include a slew of enhancements and new features. As this newsletter reports, we’ve had a few other things on our plates. Plus, we did not want to take Gander offline for any length of time. As a result, we’ve taken the approach of adding enhancements as we can. Asim outlined the following Gander additions since the last newsletter article:
- LAB and PEX balances are now displayed.
- Users can view miner distribution.
- Many other performance improvements are in place.
Many of you have asked me for updates on the progress of one product or another. I am involved in literally every phase of the product development lifecycle. (I even sit in on dev meetings with our Pakistan-based team at 5 a.m. my time.) Since neither Chris or Asim were available today, I will give you my assessment of where we are on key initiatives.
UKYC development was put on hold temporarily while we tackled other priorities. It has resumed this week with a vengeance. In addition to the actual development work, which is making great strides, we have embarked on the development of an investor pitch deck.
UKYC has the obvious potential of creating greater efficiency and security in the Know Your Customer processes we use in crypto every day. Once it is ready to market, we plan to position it with corporate sales groups as an added-value utility they can market with their enterprise software products. Completion of the investor pitch deck will allow us to approach our contacts with this opportunity.
When you visit Gander, you will see a “Down for Maintenance” sign. That’s because the release of v3 is imminent. With this new release, you will have the ability to:
- Submit raw transactions
- Use an API to retrieve data
- Track complete blocks and transactions
This high-priority initiative should be ready for QA testing next week.
A new version of Luna Wallet is in now in beta-testing. Along with fixes for bugs identified through testing and feedback, the new version of the wallet has Tokenlab integration. Beta-testers can see and download the new files from the Luna Wallet Beta-Testing Discord channel.
A new version of Tokenlab is now available in the Tokenlab Beta-Testing Discord channel. Testers will see improvements in ease-of-use and expanded token management features.
There have been a few changes to our roadmap since last published. Note that, while we are hesitant to commit to exact release dates, (that rarely works), we have provided the projects in order of anticipated release timeframe.
- Token Creation Wizard (Launched): Using smart contract technology, create utility tokens for your project. Let the wizard lead you through creating, naming and setting parameters for your token. Launch your token on the Expanse blockchain.
- Tokenlab 2.0: Token Manager and coupon functionality
- UKYC™: Use the Universal Know Your Customer (UKYC™) Identity Verification module for user identity verification wherever it is required.
- EXPEX: Our new decentralized exchange, EXPEX, launches inside the Luna Wallet, allowing peer-to-peer trading services.
- Luna Wallet, 2.0: The next generation of the Expanse Luna Wallet with rich new features.
- Module Marketplace: Find useful utilities (dApps) to help you manage and market your token-based business.
- Tokenlab Crowdfunding: The Tokenlab crowdfunding platform provides a variety of solutions for crowdfunding. License our software to run on your own servers or use the self-service portal available from our website.
We continue to make progress on the alpha version of Universal Know Your Customer (UKYC). Although we’ve made some new decisions about the programming language that has resulted in some delays, we still project its release 1st quarter.
We have expanded the scope of Tokenlab 2.0 features. The result is a delay in the new version hand-off to beta-testers. Among the new features are:
- Additional templates/protocols – ETH is added.
- Deployment options now include Ethereum.
- Ability to use a coupon code for payment, defining a percentage discount amount per token distribution.
- New token management tools through the Admin Panel that allow you to manage distribution of your tokens.
Beta-testing should begin this week. Testers will receive a message with instructions when it is time to get started.
Exchange Listing Update
At press time, Beaxy Exchange has again affirmed that Expanse (EXP) will be announced as a round-three listing. EXP will be available for trading when the exchange first launches.
The Equicex Exchange announced that they listed EXP on Twitter last week. We do not have confidence in them as of yet and cannot yet recommend them to our community. We will let you know if anything changes, and we welcome any feedback you may have on your experience with them.
Bitstickers added Expanse as a payment method recently. This basically means you can buy or pay for any product or service in their system with Expanse. Bitstickers is a group of bitcoin enthusiasts trying to promote the utility of bitcoin to the world. Read more here: https://bitstickers.net/expanse-accepted-here/
Tokenlab 2.0 is about to be handed off to beta-testers. This version brings many updates and new features, including:
- Additional templates/protocols
- New deployment methods
- Ability to use a coupon code for payment
- New token management tools through the Admin Panel
Beta-testing begins this weekend, with deployment of 2.0 happening in time for the next newsletter, 3/1.
We could not be more proud of the progress made on the alpha version of Universal Know Your Customer (UKYC). Christopher Franko wrote the specifications, followed by wireframe design by Omar Alvarez and coding by @Bitjohn. It’s exciting to watch this BIG Idea come to life.
UKYC is trustless identity middleware. Customers can enter their identity information one time and receive verification badges that are transportable to other systems. This eliminates the hassle of inputting KYC information on multiple platforms and decreases identity fraud possibilities in that information is entered in only one place, with the information encrypted and verified by only one entity. Customers receive badges based on the verification results. Companies can then create gateways they can use to filter traffic based on badge identity criteria.
Exchange Listing Update
Expanse (EXP) and Tokenlab (LAB) are both now trading on Graviex Exchange, Graviex.net. At press time, Beaxy Exchange has communicated that Expanse will be announced as a round-three listing next week. EXP will be available for trading when the exchange first launches later this month.