Welcome to the fifteenth edition of the Expanse Newsletter for 2018. This publication is a bi-monthly newsletter issued on the 1st and 15th of each month to share happenings within our community. Here are a few highlights in this edition:
- PEX Airdrop update
- New Chinese Community Manager
- Tokenlab Update
- New Exchanges: Beaxy.com, Bitexbay.com
- Luna Wallet Beta-testers Wanted
- Exchange Dev Update
- Borderless Bedlam
- Compelling Quotes
PEX Airdrop Update
The PEX airdrop is right around the corner. Be sure to move your EXP and LAB into a wallet where you hold the keys by August 31. (PEX will be airdropped to exchanges, but we cannot guarantee that the exchanges will distribute them to you.) The blockchain snapshot will take place at 9 a.m. UTC on August 31. The PEX will arrive into your wallets within 24 hours. For more information, visit the PEX website at www.expex.io
If you participated in the final token sale for Tokenlab and do not know how to view your LAB, please send an email to [email protected] for assistance. You can also submit a help ticket at https://expanse.freshdesk.com/. Visit out PEX discord channel to network with the community.
New Chinese Community Manager
We are thrilled to introduce Alex Zhao as our new Community Manager for the Chinese community. Alex is an experienced technical project manager with a history of working in the media production industry. He is skilled in cross-functional team leadership, troubleshooting, product management, integration, and electronics.
Alex holds a Master of Science (M.S.) in Technology Management from the University of Bridgeport, CT, and he is fluent in English and Chinese.
“It is my goal to make Expanse and LAB very successful in China,” said Alex. “My goal will be to build a China community of between 10,000 and 100,000 participants and to increase the number of miners. I also plan to get Expanse and Tokenlab on large Chinese exchanges.”
Alex will bring on two bilingual colleagues over the next few week to assist him in meeting his ambitious goals. You can learn more about Alex here:
In addition to securing listing commitments for two new exchanges, (see below), the Tokenlab project is meeting many development goals, including:.
- EXR and Lab had been integrated into the dev environment.
- Tokenlab modules for KYC are complete.
- Tokenlab modules for Token Creation are complete.
- The Tokenlab,Airdrop Module is complete and will be used for the PEX airdrop.
Take a look below at the sample screens Asim has provided to demonstrate our Tokenlab progress.
New Exchanges for Expanse and Tokenlab
We are pleased to announce two new exchanges for EXP and LAB:
- Bitexbay.com – Bitexbay is a fairly new exchange, with roots in China and offices in Los Angeles, CA. The listings will activate within a few days. The fees have been paid and the development is complete, with just final touches needed on the mobile version. Watch for an announcement as soon as we get the word!
- Beaxy.com – Beaxy aims to create the ultimate all-in-one cryptocurrency exchange, with more tools at your disposal than ever before, and a user experience that is unmatched. Among the features are:
- Lifetime referral rewards
- Coin staking
- Loyalty program
- Instant FIAT deposits
- 24/7 customer support
- Robust charting tools on exchange
- Mobile app functionality with custom alerts
- Unique trading pairs
- 4 layers of security architecture
- Enhanced transaction throughput
We reached agreement with Beaxy last week, with an active listing scheduled within a few weeks for EXP and soon thereafter for LAB.
Wanted: Luna Wallet Beta-testers
The Luna wallet apha-testing is complete. We are now setting up for beta-testing. We are inviting our community members to participate.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete the participation form available on this link: Beta Testers Form
- Receive and complete a non disclosure agreement (NDA) via email.
- Receive an invitation to the private Luna Beta-testing channel in the Expanse Discord.
- Receive a promotion in rank in the Expanse Army.
- Asim and his team will deliver the latest builds to the software.
Although the initial assignment is beta-testing the Luna Wallet, in the future it will be the PEX and Expanse exchanges and Tokenlab—anything we need people to test.
Exchange Developer Update
As we reported in the last newsletter, we have secured the services of an outside development team to build our exchanges. There will be two:
- The decentralized exchange, EXPEX (PEX).
- A centralized exchange, Expanse Exchange,
The development team is adhering to a strict development schedule, and today they provided the screen sample above.
Slips Project Update
The design work for the Slips project is almost all done (desktop and mobile). Take a look below at some of great design work already completed.
A while back, Christopher Franko had an idea for a book set in a Blockchain world. The book is complete, and is called Borderless Bedlam. It can be downloaded for free for a limited time here: https://www.batwhaledragon.com/giveaway
The book answers the question, “What would a world dominated by blockchain technology look like?” It explores the question in the most campy way possible, featuring technobabble, a feud between friends and factions, a very mysterious mystery, the antics of Gubrick, and more…
Proceeds for the book go to Borderless Charity, http://www.borderlesscharity.org/
Compelling Quotes from Our Discord Community
Here is a collection of compelling quotes posted over the last two weeks in our various Discord channels:
“I imagine Slips to be a platform offering new ways to gamble, specifically on streams. The large focus of sports gambling will most likely focus on large sporting and e-sporting events.. but with the rise of gaming streams.. I see so many ways of creating new and fun ways to challenge the streamer, their viewers, and the larger video game community.. not only that, but the frequency of gaming streams offer a greater volume of events than say a season of NBA Basketball or Football. And the audience of gaming streams is growing at a steady rate.” Posted by a Slips team member..
“OK guys, so the crypto market is getting totally rekt, but don’t worry short term chart-gazing. It’s no big news, just scammy ICOs dumping their ETH and tokens from their treasury to extend their runways. Real projects are busy building exciting, cool stuff.” Posted by a community member.
In regard to the Twitter war between Expanse and Binance, a community member posted this: “Good job, Franko, on the Binance listing fee issue, This will definitely bring Expanse to the limelight and show the Expanse team’s integrity and transparency. It’s a plus for Expanse.”
“I’ve seen projects hold 48-hour hackathons building apps/dapps with prizes in crypto.Is this something Expanse would consider, which would help with awareness?You could give PEX as the prize for best apps/dapps for each category.” This great suggestion was posted by a very active (and much appreciated) community member.
Join our Discord
||Expanse Discord is live and kicking! Discord is a great communication platform, better than Slack. Join our growing community on Discord and you can also speak directly with the Expanse team or others in the Expanse community. Sign up for Discord today!. Thank you.
||The Expanse Ambassador Program is designed to provide support and guidance for those of you who would like to help us spread the word about Expanse by hosting local meet-ups—wherever you are in the world.
Getting involved is easy. Simply download and complete the Ambassador Program application at this link: https://expanse.tech/join-the-ambassador-program/
The Expanse team are available to answer your questions and will also assist you by:
- Providing Expanse-branded apparel for the meet-up host (the ambassador).
- Guiding you through the process of selecting a location.
- Supplying Expanse giveaways for drawings or contests.
- Assisting with presentation materials.
- Providing a small allowance for food and libations for your meet-up guests.
Expanse is thrilled to have you in the Expanse Army. Be sure to join Discord if you are not already part of it at this link: https://Discord.me/expanse – and grateful to all who would like to join the Ambassador Program!