The rumors are true. Tokenlab v2.0 is here. After rigorous testing, the upgraded system launched today.
Description of New Features
We’ve worked hard to build competitive advantage and ease-of-use into the Tokenlab functionality. We strive to offer a system that anyone can use fluidly. With the edition of many new capabilities and UI enhancements, we are closer than ever before.
Here are just a few of the new and improved 2.0 features, many of which evolved from community suggestions:
- New Pricing. We have moved away from the two-coin payment requirement, landing on payment of only 1000 LAB to mint a coin. (There is still a 1 EXP requirement for gas―this we cannot control.) Using the system now helps to enhance the utility of LAB and incent more developers to choose the platform for their projects.
- Platform Choices. Tokenlab users now have the option of choosing between two platforms: Expanse or Ethereum. After defining the token characteristics, users can choose to launch on either platform. We hope users choose Expanse each time, but having two options is a plus for our customer base.
- Token Wizard Protocols. Tokenlab now supports four network protocols: ERC20, ERC223, ERC644, and ERC621.
- Token Deployment Methods. Token Wizard now supports three methods of token deployment, including deployment through Metamask, Automated deployment and Manual deployment. Instructions for each method appear when you make your selection.
- Manage Token Screen. A new module provides functionality that enables you to manage your token once deployed onto the Expanse platform. You now have the ability to transfer your token to anyone, view the balance or supply, and generate Coupon Codes.
- Coupon Code. The system provides the ability to generate a promo code to offer discounts (or free) use of Tokenlab features. This function is accessible on the Manage Token screen.
- Tool Tips. Tool Tips appear when you move your cursor into a data entry field. Tips define the field requirements.
- FAQs. Frequently asked questions and answers now appear on most screens to help you navigate and to explain complex concepts.
- UI Enhancements. Many minor system enhancements are now in place to improve the overall user experience. For example, when the token is deployed, a user can now copy the ABI and token address directly from the manage or view screens.
If you haven’t minted a token for your project, now is the time. We think we’ve achieved a best-in-class status for token creation and management. We hope you agree. Give it a whirl, then tell us what you think when you visit our Tokenlab Discord channel.