Recently our team work on this GEXP Update to the 1.19.20 version
Geth v1.9.20 is another maintenance release containing bug fixes and security enhancements. This update is recommended for all users.
Please note that reverting to Geth v1.9.19 or prior after upgrading to v1.9.20 is not possible without a resync because the blockchain database layout has changed.
- You can now query the Chain ID using GraphQL
- The evm command can now appends the TX hash to state transition output files
Bug Fixes & Optimizations:
- Blockchain rewinding and chain repair, i.e. using the SetHead operation, now behave
- correctly in all cases. An extensive test suite for chain repair has been added.
- Discovery DHT bootstrapping now works properly in very small private networks.
- Contract code is now stored separately from state tree data in LevelDB. This change will
- help with future database upgrades.
- Two additional metrics counters for blockchain reorgs have been added.
- Metrics collection is now lock-free, causing less lock contention among peer connections
- The GetNodeData operation in the eth peer-to-peer protocol now uses the fast-sync bloom filter
- to speed up request processing.
- Importing block data during fast-sync now performs significantly fewer database reads.
- This release is built with the new and shiny Go 1.15 compiler version
- The Ubuntu PPA now contains builds for Ubuntu 20.10 Groovy Gorilla. Ubuntu 19.04 Disco
- Dingo is no longer supported.