This Expanse Newsletter focuses on all of the technology in the Expanse ecosystem. Over the past few weeks, we have completed and delivered awesome enhancements and solidified plans touching all of our products.
The date for launching EXPEX, Expanse’s much anticipated decentralized exchange (DEX), is within sight. The team is projecting that trading will begin third quarter 2019, while a campaign to sign up coins to list on the exchange will begin as early as next week.
The rumors are true. Tokenlab v2.0 is here. After rigorous testing, the upgraded system launched today.
Here are just a few of the new and improved 2.0 features, many of which evolved from community suggestions:
- New Pricing. We have moved away from the two-coin payment requirement, landing on payment of only 1000 LAB to mint a coin. (There is still a 1 EXP requirement for gas―this we cannot control.) Using the system now helps to enhance the utility of LAB and incent more developers to choose the platform for their projects.
- Token Wizard Protocols. Tokenlab now supports four network protocols: ERC20, ERC223, ERC644, and ERC621.
- Token Deployment Methods. Token Wizard now supports three methods of token deployment, including deployment through Metamask, Automated deployment and Manual deployment. Instructions for each method appear when you make your selection.
- Manage Token Screen. A new module provides functionality that enables you to manage your token once deployed onto the Expanse platform. You now have the ability to transfer your token to anyone, view the balance or supply, and generate Coupon Codes.
- Coupon Code. The system provides the ability to generate a promo code to offer discounts (or free) use of Tokenlab features. This function is accessible on the Manage Token screen.
- Tool Tips. Tool Tips appear when you move your cursor into a data entry field. Tips define the field requirements.
- FAQs. Frequently asked questions and answers now appear on most screens to help you navigate and to explain complex concepts.
- UI Enhancements. Many minor system enhancements are now in place to improve the overall user experience. For example, when the token is deployed, a user can now copy the ABI and token address directly from the manage or view screens.
Asim outlined the following Gander additions since the last newsletter article:
- LAB and PEX balances are now displayed.
- Users can view miner distribution.
- Many other performance improvements are in place.
We’ve made development progress. I know this because this week Chris tweeted:
“My devs just delivered Frankomoto V1 to me earlier today. @ExpanseOfficial development coming along great!”
Read detailed Frankomoto specifications here: https://github.com/expanse-org/XIPs/issues/4
AMA With Christopher Franko
We made an AMA with Chirstopher Franko